When the Data Gateway is installed correctly, Exact Online can be added as data source. Click in the upper right Settings menu and choose the option ‘Manage Gateways’.
First you have to configure the gateway, so it can use ‘custom data connectors’. Select the gateway cluster and check the boxes ‘Allow user’s cloud data sources to refresh through this gateway cluster’ and ‘Allow user’s custom data connectors to refresh through this gateway cluster’. Confirm this with the button Apply.
Then click on the button ‘Add data source’ to add the connection with Exact Online.
- Data Source Name: enter a unique name for the data source (for example: Exact Online 10000).
- Data Source Type: select the ‘Connector for Exact Online (by PowerBIConnector.nl)’. (If this option isn’t available, run the ‘On-premise data gateway’ on the computer where it is installed and check in the menu Connectors if the ‘ConnectorExactOnline’ is shown. If not, you need to install the connector in the folder shown in this menu. Read chapter Setup Connector).
- CompanyCode: the companycode (or combinations of multiple companycodes) that is used in the Power BI report.
- Accountcode: enter here the Connector Key you copied earlier from PowerBIConnector.nl (read chapter Account).
- Leave ‘Skip Test Connection’ unchecked.
- Click on Add.
For each companycode (or combinations of multiple companycodes) there must be added an extra datasource to the gateway.